Former Tenant Arrears Recovery

When you instruct CRAR London, you will be able to utilize our fully integrated debt collection service allowing you different options of pursuing the former tenant for the rent arrears as well as any other outstanding payments such as service charges and repair costs.

Your satisfaction is our top priority at every stage of the process; we’ll offer alternative paths to a resolution for you to consider. We have included a basic fee structure including vat to help you to identify the most effective course of action for your needs.

Our experts can prepare all the required papers and applications required to help you collect what is owed, both quickly and efficiently.

All our debt collection protocols are fully compliant with the Office of Fair Trading guidelines, and some of the possibilities in our service are listed here to give you a guide.

No Collection, No Fee: Commission From 10 % of monies we recover

This is a combined collection strategy of telephone calls, SMS messages, E mail, and legal letters before action.

County Court Judgement: £199 plus variable court fee

A Money Claim in the County Court must be for a fixed amount less than £100,000, against no more than two people or organisations and sent to an address in England or Wales with a valid postcode. Will prepare the application for judgement on your behalf for a fixed fee excluding court costs.

We will always add costs to the claim and ask for interest to be charged. Once you have Judgement in your favour we can apply to the Court on your behalf for a number of enforcement options. (please see court fee list below):

  • Up to £300 claimed – £35
  • £300.01 – £500 claimed – £50
  • £500.01 – £1,000 claimed – £70
  • £1,000.01 – £1,500 claimed – £80
  • £1,500.01 – £3,000 claimed – £115
  • £3,000.01 – £5,000 claimed – £205
  • £5,000.01 – £15,000 claimed – £455
  • £15,000.01 – £50,000 claimed – £610
Order Now – £199

Debt Collection by High Court Writ: £66 no vat

If you already have CCJ for monies owed, or with our help you obtain judgement against a former tenant, we can arrange to transfer the judgement to the High Court for a writ of control.

This is form of debt recovery usually results in the highest collection rate in the shortest time frame. In strategic partnership with one of the leading providers of High Court Enforcement, CRAR London has a nationwide team of experienced Enforcement Agents at its disposal.

On receipt of the writ, the appropriate enforcement team will be allocated to your case to collect what is owed to you.

When the agents attend to collect a judgment amount, they will also collect your costs, and interest at 8%. A fee of £75 is payable by the creditor if the writ is unenforceable, all other fees and costs can be recovered from the debtor.

Order to Obtain Information: £299

If you do not already have details of your judgments debtors financial and personal circumstances an application can be made to the court to make the debtor attend court and give answers under oath to the Judge and to provide documentary evidence of their circumstances.

Third Party Debt Order: £299

A Third Party Debt Order, in most cases, is used to stop the defendant taking money out of their bank or building society accounts. The amount of money that you are owed is then paid to you from their account(s).

The court order, which is initially sent to the bank or building society, will ‘freeze’ the   money held in an account on the day which it is served. It is vital that you must know when the tenant is paid as the ‘freeze’ will not apply to any money that is deposited in the tenant’s account after the day that the ‘freeze’ was set in place.

Order Now – £299

Attachment of Earnings Order: £299

An attachment of earnings order instructs the defendant’s employer to deduct money from their salary to pay back the debt. The employer will send the payments directly to the court and the court will send the money to you.

The employer will make an administrative charge of £1 for each deduction as well as whatever the court decides the defendant should pay. To work out how much the defendant can afford to pay you, the court works out the minimum amount of money the defendant needs to live on. This is called the protected earnings rate.

The amount the defendant owes you can only be taken out of the money they earn above this amount. If they earn less money one week or month, the amount they pay you will be less, as their income cannot fall below what has been set by the court.

You will not be able to get an attachment of earnings order if:

  • The amount you are owed is less than £50, or
  • The defendant’s take-home pay is always below the protected earnings rate.
Order Now – £299

Charging Order: £470

We can apply to the Court for a charging order which secures the debt against the home or other property that the defendants may own.  It means that they could lose their home if they don’t pay back what they owe. Once a charging order has been made, you can apply to the court for another order to force the defendants to sell their home. This is called an order for sale.
Order Now – £470

Statutory Demand: £299

A statutory demand is a special type of written request from a creditor (someone who is owed money) for payment of a debt. The person or company that receives the demand has 21 days to settle the debt or ask the court to set aside (dismiss) the demand. The creditor may present a petition to court for a bankruptcy order or winding-up order if, after 21 days, a statutory demand claiming a debt of more than £750 is not paid, secured (an agreement reached for payment) or set aside by the Court.

Bankruptcy Petition: £499

To make someone bankrupt, you have to present a bankruptcy petition to the court and prove that you are owed at least £750. You can show this by having an unpaid statutory demand or an unsatisfied execution of judgement and you have to pay a £700 deposit, plus £220 court fees.

This is a very powerful enforcement tool and can be used against individuals or companies.

Note. If would like us to arrange Court Representation at the hearing an advocate fee of £150 is applicable for an uncontested hearing, or £299 for a contested hearing.

Order Now – £499